Carpeneter / Carpenter Helper
To provide quality workmanship in an efficient manner to build trust with our clients so they keep coming to the company for all their construction needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment, including working with and/or remove hazardous material.
– Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
– Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
– Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
– Select and order lumber and other required materials.
– Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
– Prepare cost estimates for clients or employers.
– Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas such as heating and electrical wiring work.
– Great communication skills with managers and clients.
– Understand the scope and specifications of the building process.
– Ability to see what needs to be done and stay on top of the project.
– Adhere to all company safety policies.
– Maintain confidentiality of client and business information.
– Performs other related duties as required.
– No experience required for the right candidate.
– The minimum requirement is high school diploma.
– Willing and able to build or repair any matter in a commercial environment.
– Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with insurance.
– Mandatory to have solid interpersonal skills and be adaptable and resilient to different personalities.
– Safety oriented.
– Carpentry skills along with basic electric and mechanical skills.
– Strong communication skills.
– Ability to take direction and complete the project without assistance.
– Cleanliness and quality craftsmanship.
– Strong work ethic.
– Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Professional, outgoing, energetic and self-motivated.
– A willingness to learn the business.
– Creative, able to see what needs to be done and see how it could be done better.