Ouellet Construction is seeking an experienced Lead Carpenter with proven leadership skills and workmanship skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Great leadership and communication skills with managers and clients.
- Understands the various scopes and specifications involved in building processes.
- Leads by example by following established company safety policies, rules, and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Highly organized and plan-oriented, naturally oriented to plan, resolve, and deescalate issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills; knows how to effectively lead and motivate others for the greater good of the project, client, and our organization.
- A role model to the team prioritizes and adheres to company safety policies without exception.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and business information at all times.
Advanced understanding of drawings, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw, and the ability to train others.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as wood framing, windows, door frames, trim, hardware, metal stud framing, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Order lumber and other required materials as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Carpentry experience is required; commercial experience is preferred but not required.
- The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma.
- Willing and able to build or repair any matter in a commercial environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with insurance.
- Solid interpersonal skills and be adaptable and resilient to different personalities.
- Carpentry skills along with basic electric and mechanical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and complete the project without assistance.
- Cleanliness and quality craftsmanship.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional, outgoing, energetic, and self-motivated.
- A willingness to learn the commercial construction business.
- Creative, able to see what needs to be done and see how it could be done better.